Welcome to the Spanish course Beginners 2.
You have already had your first contact with Spanish, and are able to have a very basic conversation, providing your personal details and showing interest for other people.
In this course you will continue improving your skills learning more vocabulary about people and the world around you.
In each lesson you may find:
- An explanatory video and a summary in a pdf.
- A link to Quizlet for you to memorise and remember vocabulary and concepts easier.
- Other online resources.
To get the most benefit from this course:
1. Learning a language is not like learning a history lesson where you can memorise everything in a short time, but like learning how to drive. You need to acquire the information by practising very often,the more you practice the more you will improve your skills.
2. Don’t compare yourself with others, but with your own evolution. Everybody is unique and have strengths in different areas. Some babies need months to start to speak or walk and others need 3 years, but in the end they all get it, you won’t get it if you give up.
3. Don´t see learning as a tedious process where you need to study and memorise a lot, instead, see it in a practical way. When you see how asking somebody ¿Cómo te llamas? is useful, it will motivate you more than if you just try to memorise a lot of vocabulary and grammar with no sense.
4. Be curious! This is very relevant to the previous point. You are learning because you want to be able to understand and communicate. Don´t do your homework only because it is part of the course, but try to understand some sentences that you see, if you hear a Spanish sentence in a movie, find out the meaning, listen to it again, read little sentences or words from news or some blogs in Spanish about topics that you like, etc.
5. Practice, practice and practice, this is the only way. Don’t be scared of speaking, making mistakes is part of the process.
6. Enjoy the process. This is a long term goal, if you don’t enjoy it, you will probably give up very soon.
7. Join us on facebook and instagram and actively participate in the activities and coments, communicate in Spanish when your level lets you do it:
If you need a dictionary I recommend Word Reference, you have online access or can download the app. Realise in Spanish as in English one word can have different meanings, if you look up one word in the dictionary, don´t take the first one but try to find the word that best fits the context. https://www.wordreference.com/
Thank you for joining Your Spanish Classes community, I hope you learn a lot and have fun!